188-B - Business Investment Visa
Australia Subclass 188B Investor
For those who desire to make a designated investment of at least AUD$2.5 million into a Complying Investment Framework (CIF). It is a temporary visa that is valid for 5 years. For the duration of your 188B visa, you must constantly hold compliant major assets in order to be able to apply for a permanent residence subclass 888B visa.
You can apply for this visa whether within or outside of Australia, however if you are inside Australia, you must have a valid Substantive Visa or a Bridging A, B, or C visa.
You must first be nominated by an Australian state or territory government in order to be eligible for an 188B Business Visa.
You must meet the following criteria in order to be granted a temporary visa (188B):
1. The primary applicant must be under 55, and any accompanying children under the age of 23 must be unmarried and dependent on the main applicant.
2. The family’s net wealth should have been at least AUD 2.5 million for at least 1 of the 5 fiscal years immediately before Australia invite you to apply.
3. If your application was accepted on or after July 1, 2021, you must make a compliant major investment of at least AUD2.5 million at the time of application for this visa. Throughout the duration of your provisional visa, you must consistently retain compliant major assets.
It needs to be put into the following ratios:
• at least AUD500,000 in venture capital and growth private equity funds that invest in start-ups and small private firms. (20%)
• at least AUD750,000 in authorized managed funds; (30%)
• The managed funds are required to make a “balanced investment” of at least AUD1.25 million in managed funds in developing firms that are listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. (50%)
4. A score of at least 65 in EOI.