188-B - Business Investment Visa
Australia Subclass 188B Investor
Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) visa (subclass 188) Investor Stream targets successful investors with investment experience in real estate, stock, funds and other fields. It requires applicants to invest at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian State or Territory and maintain business or investment activity in Australia. After fulfilling certain requirements, holders of this visa can apply for Australian permanent residence through Business Innovation and Investment (permanent) visa (subclass 888) Investor Stream.
Time to citizenship
144 countries and regions
33rd in the world
No residency requirements
No worldwide taxation or inheritance tax
Citizenship program launched in 2013
To obtain a 188B temporary visa, you need to fulfill following requirements:
1. The main applicant should be under the age of 55, accompanying children should be unmarried full-time students under the age of 20.
2. In the past two fiscal years, the family net worth should be at least AUD 2.75 million.
3.At least 3 years of successful investment experience, and one year in the past 5 years with more than 10% of the shares in the business or an investment market value of AUD 2.5 million.
4. Profits more than AUD 1 million through the above-mentioned business or investment;
5. Invest AUD 2.5 million in designated investment (private equity fund/ equity fund/ other corporate debt fund).
6. A minimum score of 65 in EOI.